Accepting or rejecting cookies
Most web browsers will accept cookies, but if you would prefer we did not collect data by this method, you can disable this function within your browser settings. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
- Collect information that will help us to distinguish visitors, to understand visitors’ browsing habits on our website and to improve their experience.
- Compile statistical reports on website activity e.g. numbers of visitors and the pages they visit.
- Collect information that will allow us to tailor advertising to make it more relevant for you, based on your previous interactions with our website.
- Remember information about you when you visit our site. Some of the cookies are essential in order to provide our services to you.
Below, we have set out the four categories of cookies that we use on our websites. These cookies are:
- Strictly necessary cookies
- Performance cookies
- Functionality cookies
- Targeting cookies
Some of our websites also include third party cookies, which are cookies not set by RSA. In each of the four categories above, we have specified where third party cookies are used.
The following types of cookies may be used during your visit to our website:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you've asked for, such as obtaining a quote or logging into your account, cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
There are no third party cookies in this category.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. They also allow us to record and count the number of visitors to the website, all of which enables us to see how visitors use the website in order to improve the way that our website works.
These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor, as all information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our website works.
Adobe Analytics Cookie opt-out
To opt-out of aggregation and analysis of data about your visit to this site, it is necessary to install a cookie on your browser. This cookie identifies that you have opted-out.
If you delete the opt-out cookie, or if you change computer or web browser, you will need to opt-out again.
Opt-out - exclude me from visitor session aggregation and analysis (install the rsa.122.2o7.net opt-out cookie) Click here to opt-out
Opt-in - include me in visitor session aggregation and analysis (do not install the rsa.122.2o7.net opt-out cookie) Click here to opt-in
Google Analytics opt-out: browser add-on http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Some of these may be set as first or third party cookies, depending on which part of our website you are browsing.
These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you're in) and provide enhanced features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the policies you buy. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you've made to text size, font and other parts of web pages that you can customise.
They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remember where you have been on the internet
In addition, some of our partners may use third party cookies in this category.
These cookies collect several pieces of information about your browsing habits. They are usually placed by advertising networks rather than website operators. They remember that you have visited a website and share this information with other organisations such as advertisers. They do this in order to provide you with targeted adverts more relevant to you and your interests. Quite often they will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation. Although the cookies can track your visits around the web they do not usually know who you are.
- Cookies placed by advertising networks to collect browsing habits in order to target relevant adverts to you. The site you are visiting need not actually be serving adverts, but often this will also be the case.
- Cookies placed by advertising networks to complement services used by website operators to increase functionality, for example, commenting on a blog, adding a site to your social network, providing maps or counters of visitors to a site. We do not use any first party cookies for targeting, however some of our partners may use third party cookies in this category.
For more information about how cookies work, you can also visit this Wikipedia page.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is also available at http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Please note that if you disable cookies, our website functionality may be impaired and prevent you from obtaining a quotation or completing your purchase online.